Engineer SystemsTech Center
University Health is one of the largest employers in San Antonio. We are a nationally recognized teaching hospital and consistently recognized as a leader in advanced treatment options, new technologies and clinical research. Our mission is to improve the good health of the community through high quality compassionate patient care, innovation, education and discovery. We are currently looking for a Systems Engineer to join our team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a company with a reputation for exceptional service and patient care.
What you will do:
- Manage a VMware vSphere virtual server environment that hosts over 1,000 critical virtual servers.
- Manage and leverage a large Splunk data analytics platform to optimize IT operations and support the enterprise’s security initiatives.
- Manage and use a Red Hat Ansible Tower Automation Platform to automate IT operations such as virtual server provisioning, Active Directory administration, security remediation, and server management.
- Manage and enhance a Solarwinds monitoring platform to monitor IT operations and application performance for a large, critical hospital computing environment.
- Manage a complex Active Directory environment that includes ADFS integration and federation with critical hospital partners.
- Manage a Tenable.sc (Security Center) environment that is used to detect security vulnerabilities on all IP-enabled devices in the enterprise.
What we require:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a computer related field
- 5 years of related experience, or an Associate's degree and 2 years related experience, may be substituted for required education/experience.
Why you should apply:
- Excellent technology training opportunities in critical technologies such as Splunk, VMware, Red Hat Linux and Ansible Tower, Microsoft, Tenable, and Cisco.
- Advancement opportunities
- Generous benefits packages
- Flexible hours and paid time off
- We are ranked as one of the best hospitals in South Texas
We host a variety of events designed to educate our staff and community members on a wide range of subjects, from valuable skills to support and more.
Sign Up for Job Alerts
From roles that align with your skills and experience to new opportunities, we can keep you up to date with new listings and more. Sign up to learn more.